Project Outcome for Academic Libraries

Missing programs?

I’ve created dozens of surveys now, mostly for immediate instruction, but I’m noticing that when I go to run a report, several of them are not showing up in the list of “programs” to be included in the report. Does anyone know why some programs would show up and some would not, when the surveys appear to be otherwise identical?

In the cases where the programs are not showing up in the report dashboard, the only way I’m able to see responses is to go to “edit”. But I don’t want to edit the responses, and I’d also like to run reports rather than have to take the raw data responses and count up the numbers myself!

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

-Dianna

Hi Dianna,

Can you please provide some more details here or via email (acrl@projectoutcome.org)? Which programs are you trying to include and which aren’t showing up? That will help us troubleshoot.

One problem I’ve seen before is with selecting the location. In the report builder, try selecting the institution (in bold in the location drop down menu) rather than a specific library. If you select a library location but that location wasn’t selected for all the programs, then the programs for which it wasn’t set get filtered out. I don’t know if that’s what’s happening in this instance.

Programs also get filtered out if they have no response data, but it sounds like that’s not the case here.

All the best,
Sara

Hi Sara,

I’m noticing that several surveys that I created are not showing up in the list of “programs” when I go to run a report. I’ve attached a screenshot of information about one of the surveys for the program titled “Library research instruction - NURS 2200” that had 27 responses. I’ve also attached a screenshot of the place to select “programs” in the Report Builder, and you’ll see that this survey/program is not in the list. (If the screenshots don’t come through, let me know and I’ll send them another way)

In fact, we have 55 surveys for “instruction - immediate” but only 20 “programs” are available in the drop down menu in the report builder. If surveys had no respondents then I could see why they wouldn’t show up, but most of these surveys have many responses.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

-Dianna

Thanks for the additional information, Dianna. I am having this same problem when replicating the error on the admin side, so I’ve reported this to our web developers and we’ll try and get it sorted out. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Sara

Hi, I was able to successfully run reports for July-December 2019, but I am not able to run reports for 2020. Even though we have quite a few surveys created, I get an error stating “No programs were found.”

Hi Kendra,

I’m not sure why, but in this case the error seems to be a result of the date filter. I tried applying some earlier dates, and as long as the start date was in the fall, it showed the program name. You can then select the specific surveys you want to include based on their dates.

Can you let me know if that works for you as a temporary fix? I’ll report the date error to our web developers and see if we can get that sorted out. I think it should have worked the way you were doing it.

All the best,
Sara

Yes, if I start with 12/31/19 it works, but not if I start with 1/1/20. Thank you!

Hi Dianna,

This has been fixed and when I tested it, all your programs were listed in the report builder. Please let us know if you’re still having problems. Thanks!

Sara

Hi Kendra,

The date error has been fixed as well and the report builder is working for me when selecting a start date in January. Please let us know if you’re still having problems. Thanks!

Sara

Yes, it works now. Thank you so much!

Kendra