Project Outcome for Academic Libraries

Internal Server Error Message

I created my first survey last week, and have as of yet not been able to view the survey in PDF format for review before I send it to respondents. I keep receiving the following message:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application’s log file and/or the web server’s log file to find out what went wrong.

Please advise what the issue may be.

Thank you,
Andrew Smith

Good Morning,

I experienced similar issue yesterday afternoon, copied the survey link and it didn’t match what I entered. I tried again this morning and was only able to see the preview for the first survey and copy the link, however for the second survey I’m receiving, “Congratulations! Your survey is ready. Oops… we had a problem generating the survey preview. Please reload the page to try again.” I refreshed the page, went back a couple steps and refreshed the page to no avail.

Best,

Medaline

Hi All,

It appears that the issue lies with the Follow-up survey preview because it works fine with the Immediate survey. However, I was still able to copy the link which showed well even if the preview couldn’t be populated.

Until it’s rectified I suggest that you start all surveys from scratch; yesterday I thought by going back a couple pages to change the program name and select a different library location would be okay, instead it generated the program as the same.

Best,

Medaline